The Easter Bunny is due shortly for another visit, and while he may come bearing baskets filled with chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and other assorted goodies, if you’ve got kids or grandkids, you’ll need to orchestrate an Easter Egg Hunt to hold up your end of the bargain.
If you’re like a lot of people without perfect vision who are dependent on glasses or contact lenses to see clearly, you know from your daily life that Easter eggs aren’t the only things you can end up hiding and hunting for. (If you’re like me, you’ve probably “hidden” your glasses or even your contact lens case from yourself, right in “plain sight,” but ended up hunting all over the house for them since you couldn’t see well enough to find them.)
Hiding and hunting for Easter eggs is one thing. Hiding and hunting for your own eyewear is another.
And that can be the least of your worries. If you wear glasses, you may find that that you don’t think twice about them, until you want to:
- Go swimming
- Play contact sports
- Take a jog
- Watch a 3-D movie (Glasses on top of glasses is seriously awkward)
- Roll around on the floor with your kids or grandkids without fear of damaging your glasses
- Play with your baby or grandbaby without having your glasses snatched off your face
Contact lenses overcome most of the difficulties of glasses, but they also bring their own set of challenges:
- Contacts are inconvenient. They have to be regularly cleaned, disinfected, and stored. While daily wear lenses can spare you these particular steps, they’re more expensive and still require an extra step in your morning routine.
- Want to see clearly while you play in the pool or shave your face or legs in the shower? Contacts aren’t going to help you, because protecting them from water is critical to avoiding contamination.
- Even at their best, contact lenses can become uncomfortable with extended hours of wear, especially in arid climates, windy conditions, and for people who suffer from dry eyes.
This year, you might think about putting in a request to the Easter Bunny to include something extra special in your easter basket: A LASIK vision correction procedure.
The LASIK procedure gives you precise, individualized vision correction, letting you ditch the hassle of both eyeglasses and contact lenses for good. (There’s no way around it: hassle is the common denominator of both eyeglasses and contact lenses, and LASIK lets you leave this hassle permanently behind.)
LASIK has one of the lowest rates of risk and highest rates of satisfaction. It is performed using a computer-guided laser to reshape the cornea, allowing light to focus more precisely on the retina, resulting in dramatically improved vision in both near- and far-sighted patients.
At OCLI, we use state-of-the art ALLEGRETTO WAVE laser technology to customize the LASIK procedure to each individual eye and give our patients the highest improvement possible.
The surgery is painless, is done on an outpatient basis, and takes less than thirty minutes to perform. And with OCLI’s accessible financing options, we make LASIK an affordable gift within the reach of even the Easter Bunny.
Hiding and hunting is for Easter eggs, not for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Reach out to us today and we’ll help you make good on the Easter Bunny’s gift to you. With a LASIK procedure from OCLI, you’ll put the hassle in the past and look forward to a future of crystal clear vision.